"Harding Park was once a farm with a little creek running through it called Mud Run. It was owned by Jacob Kalver, a close personal friend of President Warren G. Harding, the 29th President of the United States and Ohio native. In 1922 Jacob Kalver donated the land - 37.6 acres - to the village of Hubbard for use as a park with reservations that the name “Harding Park” was to be perpetual and that it be used for playgrounds and public recreation. In August of 2023, Harding Park was dedicated in a ceremony attended by an estimated 20,000 people . Praised at the time as being one of the finest natural reserves in the area, Harding Park works to fulfill the original intent of the historic gift while preserving the natural environment."